A lot of people get the wrong idea about me. They think that I want an absolute monarch, with no limits. Nothing could be further from the truth. Human beings are fallible, and subject to temptation. All human authority need limits, and all people need to be protected from abuse of power. If the law exists to protect us, then above all it should protect us from the most powerful.
- Public officials can be removed from office for incompetence, over reaching authority, abuse of subordinates, or civilians, abuse of authority, (for personal gain, or to benefit friends or family) Dereliction of duty, serious crimes, numerous or repeated minor crimes, or for shameful behavior that brings scandal on the community.
- A public official who is Formally Accused of an offense will be immediately but temporarily removed from office, and standard procedures will be followed to appoint a temporary replacement.
- If the accused is found guilty, or confesses, his removal, and replacement will become permanent.
- The Pope can remove the King. That's right the Pope, the Bishop of Rome, who isn't part of this country and whom the King has no authority over. He has the authority to remove the King and there is no appeal.
- The King can remove any public official or military leader.
- Dukes can remove any official under their Jurisdiction.
Notice that a public rumor or news story is not a Formal Accusation, and people who create public discord with such stories can be punished. Formal Accusations are protected, rumors and press are NOT.
Now, lets talk about what the government can never do. The government can never be allowed to:
- Appoint anyone who is not a confessing and practicing Christian or Jew to hold any position of authority in the Government. (This must be a Christian Nation)
- Force people to follow a particular religion
- Appoint or remove Church leaders.
- Prohibit free & peaceful expressions of faith including public displays, by private citizens or public servants.
- Grant any special status or exemptions to anyone based on religion. (including Tax exempt status) Except as noted above.
- Make Any distinctions among people based on race.
- Use torture (a clear definition of torture will be needed)
- Make any tax other than the 20% sales tax already spelled out.
- Punish anyone using fines
- Dissolve a valid marriage. That means it can't grant divorces.
- Force anyone to marry against their will.
- Give charity to anyone, except during recovery from a Disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, war or terror attack. (Private citizens & organizations can give to charity the Government can't)
All of this is off the top of my head and written in less than an hour. A more serious examination of these issues would be required if there were any hope of my words effecting public policy. Remember I'm doing this mainly for fun. Yes, I have a weird idea of fun.